for s60v2 only
Hi guys! Its tutorial time again. Have you ever wanted to change some of your application icons but doesnt have the idea to do it? Well this one is for you. It’s so easy and I got some bonus for you, some Icons! Well let’s start.
Simply, this is just a tut on how to use ProUID, a python app that is used to manipulate UID’s. I will sample to you, how to change java apps icon because it doesnt look good and we are too lazy to repack it.
2. We must know first what was the UID of the original file we are going to change the icon. Let FExplorer do the job. Find the .AIF file, and press # key then take note of UID3.
3. After that, run ProUID, then select Change UiD ~ AIF uid and locate the AiF file with cool icon.
4. Then input the UiD3 we noted on step 2. Changing only the 6 capital letter X. Select OK and its complete.
5. But were not done yet. We also have to change the name. Locate the cool AIF. Select Change Name ~ menu. Then input the name you want to appear but with limit of 9 chars. Wait till it’s done renaming.
6. Exit ProUID. Let’s go to X-Plore, and move the cool AIF to the folder with the ugly AIF. Rename the ugly AIF to anything (for backup) and the cool AIF to the name of the ugly AIF before.
7. And done you are finish! Note that _caption.rsc serves as a renamer for sis apps and on java apps. We had to rename because we have the inappropriate name of the cool aif. For a hassle free renaming, try RenameR (python app).
That’s it! Isn’t it really easy and amazing? 😀